Updating a day early to get in on this hopefully-auspicious date.
And here's some good news for the new year: a story of mine has been published in 32 White Horses on a Vermillion Hill, a charity anthology meant to raise money for friend and colleague Christoper Ropes's medical bills.
Below is the table of contents. As you can see, there are some great people associated with this, some whose names you may recognize, some you may not.
introduction -- Nadia Bulkin
1. Farah Rose Smith – Blue Broken Mind
2. Matthew St. Cyr – An Incident on a Cold Winter’s Afternoon
3. Douglas Draa – Fishing Boots
4. Frank. R. Coffman – Chindi/Night of the Skinwalker
5. Norbert Gora – How to live without meds?
6. Calvin Demmer – Nothing Else Matters
7. Jo-Anne Russell – The Denturist
8. Russell Smeaton – The Tooth
9. Paula Ashe – To Anne
10. James Fallweather – I Can’t See the Bottom
11. K. A. Opperman – Forbidden Knowledge
12. Bob Pastorella – Outlaws
13. Christopher Slatsky – Project AZAZEL
14. E. O. Daniels – Prototype
15. Maxwell Gold – Eton’s Last Will and Testament
16. Kathleen Kaufman - Last Call at the Overlook
17. Scott J. Couturier – Reflection in Blood
18. Shayne Keen – Four Ropes
19. Brian O’Connell – Vore
20. John Claude Smith – "Hotel California" is the Devil
21. Jill Hand – Spare Parts
22. John Boden – Salten
23. Matthew M. Bartlett – The Fever River
24. Brandon Barrows – Verdure
25. Sarah Walker – Ink
26. Robert S. Wilson – Twitching and Chirping
27. C. P. Dunphey – Denizens of Mortuun
28. John Linwood Grant – Hungery
29. Jeffrey Thomas – Chrysalises
30. S. L. Edwards – I Keep It in a Little Box
31. Jason A. Wyckoff – Trace of Presence
32. Donald Armfield – Thirty-Two
You'll notice, of course, that it includes my military sci-fi/horror (an exceedingly rare genre jump for me), "Verdure." A shorter version of this story was first published in 2014, but this version has been partially revised and somewhat expanded.
So, please, if you like varied horror or contributing to a good cause, check out the book here, share the word and let's see if we can help a friend.